Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I have great friends!


Greetings friends!!! The past several weeks have been a lot of fun, but they were not without disappointment. The day before bid day for fraternities and sororities, my friends and I went to a program about Greek life fairly confident that we would soon become members of Pi Kappa Alpha. The next day, we got the call. We didn’t get a bid. We were all very disappointed and to find a way to get our frustrations we all went to the gym. On Friday night that week, we (non-bid people) had our own party. That night and the rest of that weekend really made me realize what great friends I have. It didn’t take very long for me to get over not getting into the frat. I’ve learned to treasure the time I spend with my friends. I am always busy doing schoolwork during the week, and it is nice to be able to relax knowing that any free time I have will be spent with my friends.
This past weekend it was my roommate Alex’s birthday. We all dressed up to go out to dinner and had a fantastic time. It was a great night that was just spent enjoying ourselves and spending quality time with each other. The past few weeks have made me realize I have a lot to be thankful for in my life. While things are not always perfect, I really do have quite a few things going for me in my life. Here’s to more good times with my friends. Well, that’s it for now. Later friends!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment